Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Wierdness in Blogland

An interesting phenomenon was recently noted among our staff. Most of us here at Mono are working our way through the 23 Things. [I beg you, do not ask how we feel about this, or how it might be affecting service - in the short run, of course.] A co-worker, she-who-shall-remain-nameless, was asking me whether I had done the "blog thing". I replied in the affirmative and noted that it was "easy". [I am sometimes prone to stretch the truth. See my forthcoming article on "Creative Reference Services"]

Today we were each checking our blogs, and found that somehow her blog was registered under my name, on my blog "dashboard". Had we somehow merged in cyberspace?? This was alarming, as we are both happily married to other people. Eventually we figured out that this was a case of promiscuous logging. I had not logged out of the work station when leaving the desk, and my co-worker had happily started blogging while logged in as me. Honest. That's what happened. So be forewarned. Espescially if you are doing this at work.

No comments: